Thursday, January 5, 2017

#1450 Thursday 5 January

From Naomi:
Living with a child with Autism is all about learning the daily rhythm and going with it. Our holidays have evolved into a routine, which funnily enough makes us....  parents.....  happy too. In the morning we sleep in. I then start a bath ..... and about 10 minutes into it, Kaylee joins me. Fortunately we have a huge outdoor bath.
Our bath time is spent communing with water, ..... the way it looks... the way it moves when it is poured from one container to the next. I often lay back and look at the sky or the birds in the trees. For Kaylee it's all about the water.
I've come to realise that Kaylee has her own internal visual vocabulary for the look and feel of water.  I wish she had the words to share this with me ..... but knowing is enough for now. Incidentally, at some point during our bath together she gives me "the look". When I ask her if she wants me to stay or go, she usually replies "bye, bye".  Exit mummy stage right :)

Now .... what happened today?  Kaylia was in the bath most of the day!!!!!

Late morning I went out to try and find out  what  timber costs per metre .... we have replace the decking round the swimming pool and I want to estimate the cost.  It was a waste of time .... we couldn't find any suppliers.  So I went home with a supply of sate for lunch instead.
Afternoon saw me much more successful ..... I found a good stone supplier instead.  So the timber deck will be replaced with stone.

Evening ..... home delivery pizza..... yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment