Tuesday, August 15, 2017

#1623 Tuesday 15 August

I had a lovely message today fro Anne-Marie (Jul-Dec 2007) ... the message was about birthdays and their current and future plans ..... but she says  "..... I still love reading the blog on kaylee, makes me feel like I am still part of the family! "     Strange how several people should say similar things in the past few days..... I have been feeling quite despondent about the blog .... feeling that I have no idea if anyone reads it ... is it worth the effort?    ......  and then to get these affirmations!  Thankyou.  I think that's 4 people that spring to mind that say they read it... so the proper number is going to be much more.

I was speaking to a person with a degree in English .... I must say I wondered just what use that degree would be in the real world .... anyway .... when I told them that I wrote a blog that had been going for over 10 years, they were very impressed.

Now ... the important stuff .... what is Kaylia up to and what is happening in her world?  I was asked Where did u go for your birthday meal? And did Naomi get you cheescake?  ....... the birthday meal was Turkish pide at home with Vianetta for afters .... not cheesecake (sigh)

More to come ... I must go to school to collect Kaylia

4:40pm....   we're having flop time on the bed upstairs.... Kaylia with her iPhone watching the wiggles..... and droning away. Every now and then it's "I like school" or some such.... and I try to pounce on the loop.  Naomi is down the hill working.  With no aupairs, she does the day of work and then cleans the two offices. It makes a long day.  I hope we find a new aupair soon.

6pm  I must be losing my ability to count ..... I have numbered each post and you can see that it is up to 1,623 posts ..... yet Mr Google says that there are 2,105 published posts ..... and 79,000 views! ..... I wonder where the extra 482 posts are ... and what do the missing posts say!
Kaylia and I have just returned from Swanview .... getting Subway for tea.  Neither  Naomi nor I can face the prospect of cooking for three these days ... so we buy in.  We have to either find our new family member (aupair) ... or adjust our thinking so we can cook ..... or resign ourselves to accept the new lifestyle.  My record keeping shows me that the change has not had any bad effect on our living costs .... so it's just a matter of whether it is a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment