Monday, May 14, 2018

#1807 Monday 14 May

While driving to school this morning my thoughts drifted to the saying "Give me a child till they are seven and I will give you the adult." .... paraphrased!  ....... and for Kaylia there are many aspects of her personality where ... despite being 14 years old, she is still not the equivalent of a seven year old.  So my thoughts were saying that she is such a delightful personality that she is likely to develop into an equally delightful adult.  I hope so.

Her bedtime routine has several stages and it concludes with a final "tuck-in" at around 9pm .... with the admonition that she needs a "big sleep" so that she's ready for school in the morning.  I then have a little mantra ...."Mummy loves you and Daddy loves you - you're our favourite girl."  Last night I got through the Mummy and Daddy part and then she gave a great big smile and said "FAVOURITE GIRL!"    Such are the little snippets of joy in raising Kaylia.



Memories are the building blocks of happiness
and love is the mortar that binds them
into the wall of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment