Monday, June 25, 2018

#1831 Monday 25 June




While preparing breakfasts this morning I noticed a picture on the side of a cereal packet.










 It looked familiar so I took a closer look .... it's an Allis Chalmers Model B!  These were built in the early 1950's and were supposed to be the first American tractor to be made with rubber tyres standard.  It was a 20hp "single plow" tractor.


The reason for my interest?  I had one from 1984 to 1996.

It was given to me when we had the Northcliffe farm ..... as usual it was a basket case that hadn't run for many years.  I got it going again and it was a useful machine on the farm.  When we moved to Busselton in 1989 I took it with me as it was light enough to be carried in the trailer behind the car.  It eventually became a restoration project and ended up with new paint and decals.  It went to many local shows.








This is a photo of a similar machine that Anne saw in a museum in  Tasmania.







This is the "Allis" before restoration .... driving in the front yard of the farm at Northcliffe.  Donna is driving with David on the back.








Kaylia is on her way to school as I write..... she is going to the movies today ..... to see "Incredibles 2".   The other day she came home from school and as soon as she came down the stairs she rushed over to my computer ..... I always have a photo of Kaylia as my desktop and I had changed the photo!  She noticed and she had to come over to check it out.

Evening
Kaylia is really fixated on Bali at the moment.  If we mention the name in any conversation her ears prick up and she asks "Bali at Christmas?"

No comments:

Post a Comment