Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#1888 Tuesday 25 September

Today .... first day of the school holidays.  7am - into the bath!  Then at 9:30 it was time for a therapy session.  I like it when we have therapy at home because we can hear just what Kaylia is actually capable of.  She cheats with us ... and we are naughty cos we accept her cheating.  By cheating I mean her use of language.  She does really well with language while in the therapy sessions ... and then reverts to her lazy ways for us.

A letter came regarding a bit of bureaucracy for Kaylia ..... and I found out that since she has turned 14, her Medicare record can no longer be accessed from the family account .... even though that's where her record is!  She has to have her own "My Gov" account and her own Medicare account.   So.... I began the task of creating these...... and I found that this process is littered with "road blocks" where an action is required ... but the action cannot be done because of her disability.  By the time I had navigated the process by fooling the system, I was quite worn out.  At one point I explained to "the person" that Kaylia has severe autism and she can't give verbal consent for me to discuss her affairs.  Eventually I suggested that I write the response out so Kaylia could be prompted to answer the person's question ...... OK they say.  "We can accept that."   So that's what we did .... the person asked questions and I prompted Kaylia to answer.  




..... but she now has her own My Gov account ..... and her own Medicare account.

No comments:

Post a Comment