Sunday, December 23, 2018

#1937 Sunday 23 Dec number two


A friend asked about Kaylia and helping round the house.   ..... No... Chores are not really big in her world.  I think the picture of her helping with chores is too optimistic.  For her to set the table is about a realistic limit.  She is still almost totally self absorbed.  Occasionally she will seek contact with us... or engagement..... but she mostly stays within her world.  This means that she is fairly easy to care for..... but I don't think that helping round the house is ever going to be on her menu.

It's sad.  It's very hard for neuro-typical people to grasp just what autism is like....  I think you'd need to spend a day or so with us to fully comprehend it.  Usually our social engagement is not for a long enough period.   I think visitors possibly view us as being rude.... but we constantly have half our attention on Kaylia....  and that is not good for social interaction!

Uh oh....  Now I think I know why I haven't been feeling crash hot for the past few days!  I think I have some kidney stones trying to say hallo.  Ah well.... I know what to be on the watch for.

Sunday driving in Bali! 

No comments:

Post a Comment