Friday, January 28, 2011

#158 Friday 28 January 2011

Yesterday we went for quite a long drive to pick up some more (!) bits of furniture (thanks to Gumtree) and even though Kaylia was in the car the whole time with the airconditioning ... she still managed to get sunburnt! There's a lesson there! So .... last night she slept well. Now (at 8am) she is still asleep!

The sun while driving probably explains Kaylia's high level of anxiety behaviours ..... we were stuck in slow traffic for quite a way and all we heard was "Zoe ... slee poo", "Daddy .... slee poo", "Slee poo", "Tina ... slee poo", "Mummy ... slee poo" !!! It was a very hot day .... in Midland the thermometer in the car was saying that it was 44 degrees outside! At home it was 39 degrees. Today will be more of the same as it is already hot outside.

This time next week I will be in Bali for my little break .... should be good! It will be the first time in 7 years that I have had a break from Kaylia! ..... other than the several times that I've been in hospital. Funny .... it's never occurred to me just how much hospital time I've had recently. I went right through my whole life with only one hospital visit for appendix removal ..... then in the past three years I've had two emergency hospital stays and one long stay for the hemicolectomy ..... I must be getting old!

Later:
Hold everything! This morning Naomi's mother had a bad fall .... So bad that she is in ICU and she is not expected to recover. This of course has thrown us into turmoil .... Our plans for Kaylia's birthday and my Bali travel are both in doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment