Saturday, February 26, 2011

#182 Saturday 26 February 2011

I read on Pete's blog (bullsroar.blogspot.com) about the deliberately deceptive trade practice in place at all BP service stations .... placing the hoses in a different layout to the commonly accepted one .... so that the unwary driver fills up with the most expensive fuel. I've been caught by this too and I wonder .... this is such a blatant deception! Where is the ACCC? Surely this fits the definition of misleading and deceptive practice!
I went to the ACCC website to see if I could report it ..... many, many links later I found this page

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/maintain/create/index.phtml?contentTypeName=scamwatchComplaint&informationSpaceItemId=tag.ScamwatchReportAScam&inPop=1&returnUrl=.&type=Other

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ian. I don't think this quite fits the ScamWatch site definitions, but it's worth a try. First step must be to contact BP and complain, I think. PC

    ReplyDelete