Monday, February 28, 2011

#183 Monday 28 February 2011

Technically this is Monday ... but it's 4:00am and she's been up since midnight ... so in a way it's actually Sunday night. She's full of beans .. firing on all four ... excuse the mixed metaphores .... so she's not likely to let me sleep again tonight. This sort of .... I was about to say behaviour but this implies bad behaviour ... and she is actually quite well behaved ... just awake! She doesn't understand that others aren't asleep and it's not fair on them to do normal daytime things at 3:00am! If overnight respite care were a viable option, the carer would certainly earn their pay! ..... now there's a thought ... can I ask for a pay rise?

Weather .... it's now a record number of consequetive hot nights! ... and Zoe took Kaylia to Lake Leschanaultia on Saturday - only to find that the lake has been closed because the water level has dropped too far. Floods on the east side of the continent and drought this side!

Yesterday (...today??) we visited the gravesite for a trip down memory lane .......when I go, please don't bury me! I get claustrophobia ... please cremate me. I struggle with panic feelings in the lead up to a plane flight .... I have to close the door to that part of my mind ... it's OK once I'm actually up in the air but till then, it's not pleasant. If you've watched the two "Kill Bill" movies, you'll remember the part where they bury her alive .... that was something I definitely should not have watched! I find that once I watch a movie, I have my own internal iPod and the scenes get re-played ad infinitum!

... that little digression came from thinking of my trip to Bali on Wednesday ... two sleeps time! (assuming she actually lets us sleep). Of course there's still time to cancel again! I've now had more practice at cancelling flights than booking them! Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment