Tuesday, March 29, 2011

#211 Tuesday 29 March 2011

Today you will have to put up with a D&M session .... I've been thinking and I want to capture the thought before it gets lost in the day.
Yesterday I was sharing with another parent of an auty one ... We were talking about grieving for our child ... and I recalled a quote from a past counseling session ... "I cannot hope for a better future till I stop hoping for a better past."

I realized that this applies to grieving too. The grief cannot end till I stop hoping that Kaylia will somehow suddenly become a neuro-typical 7 year old child. I think I'm a fair way down that road ... appreciating her as she is ... but the niggling "what if" still hangs around at times.
It is hard in many of the daily situations that we take Kaylee ... school ... watching her classmates and their easy communication. .... a party ... watching the alertness of her friends as Kaylee struggles to lift herself from the quicksand of her stimming.

It's a subtle difference .... between hoping for a better future .. or a better past.


No comments:

Post a Comment