Monday, April 16, 2012

#566 Monday 16 April

Progress photos

Generator- the big grey box on the wall below the swichboard is the automatic switching from external power to the generator .... highly complex internals in this box!  The hoses in the corner are attached to 4 bottles of gas .... enough for 12 hours running.

Feature wall in bathroom 1

Passage wall
Today's funny story?  Kaylia was at Peekaboo with Naomi this morning.  Another family arrived and the mother came to talk to Naomi.  She spoke with a strong US accent .... and Kaylia was quietly saying "Kat ... Kat" !!
While at breakfast today we noticed that Gardenia also had a small display of bags (in amongst all the other things for sale).   My antennae quivered wildly and I rushed over .....  (I have a serious bag addiction).
The bags were 'Kipling' brand!  (My current favourite.)  So I have a new bag and Naomi has a new bag.




Mine is the purple one .... its the same colour as a 10,000 Rp note .... so I call it my "sepuluh ribu bag"

In the Jalan Mertasari (in front of the villa) is a small wooden 'room'  .... a "Tourist Police" post.  In the past this has only sporadically manned but with the current push to improve tourism, this post is now manned 24/7.  This morning I went over and introduced myself .... nice blokes and we had a good chat.  Later they invited me to accompany them on a patrol.  I said that I'd like that and next trip I'll see if it can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment