Friday, April 20, 2012

#569 Friday 20 April

I've heard comments today about how happy Kaylia is looking ..... it's good!

Kat is finalising her arrangements for the start with Emirates.  This will be in early July.

A significant event has occurred as I write ..... Kayia was standing behind me drinking from a bottle of ice tea .... she managed to spill the tea over my desk and the paperwork.  I didn't yell at her .. just said urgently to go and get the red towel from beside my bed.  She understood and did it!  (This is significant in itself but not the important one!)  I then proceeded to mop up the spilled drink and as I did this, both Naomi and I heard her say "....sorry. "  It was completely in context.  This is a big step in her awareness of social situations.

And then.....after pestering Naomi for one more "blue blanket", Naomi started making up a song with all the reasons why Kaylee couldn't have the blue blanket. Just as Naomi was about to finish the last line of the verse, Kaylee chimes in with "chocolate egg" - which rhymed perfectly with the line in Naomi's song.

The child is a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment