Friday, June 1, 2012

#600 Friday 1 June 2012

It's 6am ..... I'm trying to work out if my earache is bad enough to get out of my warm bed and go downstairs to get some Panadol. I suppose that if I have to think about it, I shouldn't ..... or is it that if I'm awake enough to ask myself then I should! Sheesh.
Blogging is still the strange phenomenon that I discussed about a year ago .... my blogging is controlled by the available time for writing. When I consider Mr Pepys' blog from two hundred years ago, he clearly devoted large blocks of time to the task ..... didn't he have to work? Life was so utterly different then.
Kaylia had a bad day at school yesterday. I'll talk to the teachers today but (from what has been relayed via Kat) it seems Kaylia needed Lovan at around 11am but they waited some time to see if she could recover. I'll try to explain that the "top up system" works best if administered as soon as the anxiety behaviour is noticed. At that point, the Lovan will allow her to recover within 10 minutes. If delayed, then the anxiety becomes like a feedback loop and she gets more and more affected ...... extra Lovan at that point doesn't have anywhere near the efficacy.
The search for aupair #12 continues. We're talking to several but we're not close to a decision yet.
.
10am. Wow .... What a magical morning! While driving to school there was a fog .... usual in that it was thick at ground level but rapidly thinned above. So the lighting was very unusual .... the were many magical photo opportunities. The traffic didn't permit me to suddenly stop and take the photos .... but the "camera in my mind" took them. I just wish that it had an export function!

At one point the land to the east of the Roe Hwy was a sea of fog with shrubs poking through.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment