Friday, August 17, 2012

#672 Friday 17 August

Yesterday was busy! No blog entry. AJs flight was more than an hour late .... but she got here! I think she likes the place .... and I think the place likes her too. Kaylia just carried on as if nothing had changed ... but we can still expect some problems due to the change in circumstances ..... Eg at 8:30pm she decided to jump in the shower ..... despite being told "no - it's bedtime!" .... she was told off and then it was into bed without any choice.
.
The Lovan experiment continues ..... yesterday she had the higher initial dose and no top up was needed during the day! This is an interesting development .... especially if it continues.
.
I put on my plumber's hat on Wednesday night .... Kaylia left the tap running and the blocked drain in the bathroom meant that the room flooded. I finally tracked down the blockage to a mess of roots in a 'J' junction ..... an old clay one that's broken. I cleared the roots and the blockage is fixed but the junction will need to be replaced .... quite a big job with a lot of digging .... and then I have decide just how much of the old clay pipe system to replace with plastic fittings and pipe. I'll wait till it's all dug up first. Plumber's are very expensive for any task ... so I'm glad I'm still able to do this myself as it's quite a big job .... I think the bill would be around $1,000 .... the parts needed cost about $100 but it will be about a day of labour. I had years of watching Dad working as a Building Inspector .... then more time watching Jacomo at work during the years at Balgo Hills .... This where all that learning time pays off!
.
The clothes dryer also decided to be 'norty' .... the fan belt had stretched. A new belt for $20 is much better than $300 for a new dryer!
.
Today? Continue introducing AJ to the Kaylia world .... kangaroos, local traffic routes etc
.
4pm ..... in the middle of therapy. Kaylia is really firing! It's been another day where no top up of Lovan has been needed. This is excellent.
If this turns out to be the new standard dose of Lovan, then we can hope that it continues like this for the next 6 - 12 months. We'll watch the results for the next week to see.
.
Lately she has been trying to persuade us to go swimming at all hours! In the morning she tries to put ALL her bathers in her school bag .... at 8pm she will bring out her bathers. Maybe she has a future career as a negotiator ..."I hear what you say but let's do this." ...... or sales .... she rarely accepts "no" as an answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment