Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#769 Tuesday 4 December

Mr Fixit (the electrician) was here this morning.  With the help of my 'diagrams' I was able to explain the problem and he understood ..... "OK - extra switch needed!"

Soon after the switch board has a new circuit breaker that has been added to separate the different circuits.  It should fix the problem we have had of the power failing .... this had been due to the fact that all the power was being funneled through one  circuit breaker instead of four!



I made a new friend today .... Amelie .... a Canadian who teaches English online from Bali.  One of those moments where paths cross.  I'm developing a group of friends in Sanur .... it's good.  The teaching is a very interesting thing .... the school hires staff to coach conversational English with students from all over .... and they handle all the Indonesian visa issues!  It makes you think!

I also learned about writing too .... that's making me think!  To write is a dream/urge that I have long cherished ..... but how to begin?  ... and today I learned of ....

National Novel Writing Month

www.nanowrimo.org/
NaNoWriMo is an annual (November) novel writing project that brings together professional and amateur writers from all over the world.
It's making think hard.  Too late for this year but I can prepare for next year!
.
.... and it's fortunate that I began thinking because I just checked my flight details and my flight is 9am tomorrow!  Not tomorrow night as I had thought!  I arrive Perth at 1240 .... lunchtime .... not midnight.  Suddenly I have lost a day and I must pack up everything tonight ready for a 6:30am start tomorrow. 
.
Evening
Everything is packed away ready for departure.  6:30am to the airport for a 9am flight arriving Perth 12:40
Tonight I varied my routine and had nasi goreng bakso .... very good!  About $1.60
On the walk home I diverted to measure the walk from the beach to the villa ......
Beach to Mertasari       = 350 paces
Mertasari to Belanjong = 30 paces
Mertasari to villa          = 100 paces
It's about 480 paces total .... a little bit further than we had guesstimated.


No comments:

Post a Comment