Friday, January 18, 2013

#809 Friday 18 January

It's been a long night ..... the possums on the roof at Darlington are noisy but they're quiet compared with whatever lives in the ceiling here!  It sounded like a monkey jumping round!  (It may well have been that!)  ...... Then there was the band next door with a driving bass beat ......  plus the room is next to the kitchen and it has a window opening that allows the kitchen noise in.  ..... and to top it all off, the reception clearly forgot that I was in this room .... and they tried to open the door and come into the room at around 11:30pm just after I'd got to sleep.  (Not happy Jan!)





I think I'll probably stay tonight but I definitely won't come here in future.













These photos are nothing important .... I'm told that Kaylia is very interested so I'll add some with me included in the photo so she has something else to see.
The little house at the end of the pool is entrancing!  Maybe one day I can build something like that at the villa.


It's been strange to go from this homestay down to the villa area ... I feel as though I'm part of the community around the villa .... many people recognize me .... but here, I'm just another bule.


Since I can't do work around the villa, I have felt a bit useless.  Fortunately I've found that another resident at this homestay has been having IT problems.  Solving these problems has been an entertaining diversion!  It was actually a combination of several problems ..... and the language barrier meant that fixing the problems was a very tall order for the local IT people.


No comments:

Post a Comment