Monday, March 18, 2013

#865 Monday 18 March

It's been a real work day ..... but very frustrating.  Much of the day has been spent either waiting in an office or twiddling thumbs in very slow traffic as we drive from one unsuccessful visit to another.  It started with a very important one .... paying the electricity bill.  This is usually an automatic bank payment but I missed having enough in the bank account when it was due ... so the Bali method is that you then have to pay cash ... but you can only pay it at the head office in Denpasar and you must pay 2 months!  It took ages to process.  I'll change to a manual payment which has much more flexibility.

We then went looking for plumbing parts to fix a leaking hand-basin drain.  Once again the dreaded Bali practice ..... you can't buy a 10,000Rp  part .... you must buy a complete assembly for 500,000Rp!  ..... oh and we don't sell the tool needed to do the job either!  Frustrating.

I'll check all door screws for tightness ... some of the handles are becoming loose.

Evening
After such a frustrating day, I was feeling very blue .... so I went up to Hardys to see if I could find the Dr Dre headphones that Brynn is hankering for ....  she had instructed that if I could get them for under $50, just to buy first and ask later!
So ..... I found the shop I remembered and the starting price was $50 .... so I listened to them to check the quality .... FABULOUS! ..... I started haggling and got the price down to $50 for 2 pairs!  The "normal" price for these is $280-$350 so even knowing that they're 99% likely to be imitation, it's a very good price.  I'm listening to Secret Garden as I write .... the sound is really good.  ..... like totally awesome dude!

Then I went to Hardys to look for a luggage scale (the villa scales are kaput) and found them for $12 ... same as Ebay.  .... but of course Hardy just had to have a 50% sale on bags .... I won't spell it out but it was only $12 for a lovely little Polo bag.
..... and a season set of "Once apon a time" .....
It was a good shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment