Tuesday, March 19, 2013

#866 Tuesday 19 March

I was up early this morning ... I wanted to tackle a job which I knew would test my physical resources ... so I had to do it while I was fresh.  So by 7:45am I'd had breakfast and completed a 90 minute task of waterproofing the wall that divides our villa from the next.  Rain water has been entering the space between two abutting walls and then flowing into the bedroom!  It's not good.

This is the 'before' photo .... there is a crack between the bedroom wall (at the left) and the boundary wall (centre) .... the sunscreen deflects water straight onto the problem area  .... which has now been sealed.

Today? .... Office work most of the day while supervising Ketut as he does roof waterproofing.

Later .... the supervising is definitely needed!  I found that the waterproofing was being applied to the inside of the ceiling!  Completely useless.  Putu was able explain that the waterproofing must be on the outside to stop the water getting in! .... then fix any water damage after the leak is stopped.

Later ..... in the third bedroom, the water entering through the wall has the potential to damage the wardrobes .... so I have lifted the whole wardrobe and mounted it on 3cm high blocks.  A fan is blowing air under the wardrobe so this should dry out any moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment