Thursday, October 24, 2013

#718 Thursday 24 October

Last night we had a little celebration ..... an ice cream!   It was due to the compensation claim being finalised.  
I have received an ex gratia payment from the government in recognition that I was one of people who was abused while a child staying at a high school boarding facility.  This all happened 50 years ago but it was a very damaging experience and all my life since then, I have struggled with doubt about whether it all was real .... now I have official recognition that it was real .... I have a new tool to deal with the doubt and uncertainty.

As you know, one of my main interests is computers .... so my big "pat on the back" from the claim is that I can buy a new computer.... which I plan to do this morning!  Naomi has been suffering with an "old plodder" so I'm going to buy her a new Sony ..... a really fast "you beaudy" one!

I'm not buying one for myself because a few weeks back the laptop that belonged to a client died ... so it had been replaced and I had managed to get a real bargain .... a Sony Duo 11 with top specifications.  

Since this little gem belongs to the client I haven't had to fork out any money for it .... but I still get the pleasure!

Tonight I go off to Bali on another maintenance trip.  The main goal for this trip is to check on progress of the roof sealing.  The roof is flat concrete .... common in Bali and it should be ok .... but the quality is poor and leaks are a constant problem.  So we are covering the whole roof area with a rubber/aluminium foil sheeting.  This is glued down and it should help with insulation as well as stopping the leaks.
The photo shows the flat roof partially covered with the sheeting.

I will continue this blog from Bali .... and Naomi will provide some added bits from home for the next few days.


1 comment:

  1. On the home front- Kaylee has had a good day at school. She is a bit tired as it took her a while to settle last night after saying "goodbye" to her Dad at the airport. She understands so much more these days. There was a time when we had to be very careful about how we said things because if you talked about something happening in the future she would think it was going to happen now. Then we would get the upset. Now she gets it...like her Dad has gone to Bali but will home next week :)

    ReplyDelete