Tuesday, February 16, 2016

#1271 Tuesday 16 February

 
The problems of Bali ..... Yesterday I changed Au$600 to 6mil Rp ..... I was VERY careful .... counted every note myself. ... watched the pile all the time .... it was at a good changer.  On the way home I spent 100,000 + 32,000 ...... yet when I got home I was missing 2mil !!!!!
So .... if it can happen to me when I knew the risk and was being very careful ...... what chance do our guests have?  I'd bet that many of our past  "thefts" at the villa have actually been the money changers ..... but the guests refuse to believe that it could be the changer .... because to acknowledge that would be shame for the guest.

Lesson?  Only change money at the places with the note counting machine.  Preferably withdraw from the ATM.

Today the next guests are arriving early .... so I am moving out and going to a hotel.  I'm going to one that is a 5 minute walk from the airport so that I won't have to catch a taxi on Thursday morning.

Evening
Well .... This place has 2 things going for it ..... It's an easy walk to the airport.... and it's cheap!  Not much else :-)

I had a long walk this afternoon.... west to the beach ... then north along the beach to Discovery Plaza ..... and back.  About 3 km .   I stopped for a meal .... rice with smoked beef .... excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment