Wednesday, May 11, 2016

#1258 Wednesday 11 May

This morning I went for my usual walk ..... up to Hardy's ..... via the bypass this time.  I needed to top up my supply of medicines ..... they are much, much cheaper than in Oz.  My usual place is on the bypass. Then I continued walking to Hardy's through little back streets .... it's very interesting.  At Hardy's I had to exchange a faulty cable that I had bought on Monday.  I went prepared to just give the cable back and forget it ..... but I learned that the nice man on Monday had charged me double the price .... and pocketed the extra!!  Needless to say I wasn't going to put up with that  .... so I stood my ground and he backed down.  He had recorded the sale in their books as 50k and put 50k in his pocket ..... the shop owner was not impressed with him.

Then it was a taxi to Parahanya for my current favorite tucker .... nasi goreng with "krispy" bakso spicy.  It's a filling yummy meal for under $3

After that it was a short walk t D'Anti for a 2 hour hot stone massage ..... bliss.

After that it was time for one of the new movies ..... it got right to the exciting part and then --- Nada!   So I just had to go back to the shop to exchange it for a better copy!




Now I'm at the Warung Qu in Jn Danau Poso for some more yummy food.  This is very close to the villa ...... so since I've walked to here from Hardy's,  it means that I've done a lot of walking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment