Tuesday, May 10, 2016

#1257 Tuesday 10 May

I had to go to Denpasar this morning to find  a mini USB cable for the DVD recorder ..... Remo is quite a shop.  It's a large 3 storey building entirely devoted to electronics.  It's really good.    On the way back, the traffic was very bad so we detoured through the back streets of Renon and Sanur.  I was with Yoman Ciri (a friend of Made) and he was telling me of his bank troubles ..... he has borrowed $100,000 to build a house for his mother in Bangli .... north east of Ubud  .... and with the current bad times it is hard to pay the bank so he needs to sell his Sanur house.

Back at Sanur I went looking for a haircut .... I began looking in my usual places and soon found that they were all full of customers!  So much for the quiet tourist time!  I kept looking and finally found one with no customers.  Silly me ...... I just went in and sat down.  After the haircut I almost fell out of the chair when I found that the price was 3 times the usual!  175k Rp!  Normally I pay 60K.   While I was having the haircut I had noticed some guys outside looking .... and when I came out they had a chat to me.  There's a much cheaper one round the corner was the advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment