Saturday, July 15, 2017

#1600 Saturday 15 July


It's Saturday12 noon.  I've done 3 loads of washing and cooked "tuna treats" .... yum.

All this while doing about 1.5hrs of office work.

Kaylia has been out with A+A ... she came home very happy and now she's in the bath. 

She is very noisy when she's in the bath.  Lots of yelling and happy noises.  I wouldn't call it screaming because that implies "unhappy"  .... but it's sort of a very happy screaming.  .... at high volume!


Hot news!    For some time I have struggled to persuade the fire to "draw"..... that is to burn well.  I assumed that the flue needed cleaning. So  this afternoon it was a good excuse for a Bunnings trip! Kaylia didn't object of course. For her a Bunnings trip is all about the drive.  She has learnt about putting her iPhone through the car stereo and she currently loves having the volume up.  It's strange that she likes loud music in the car..... but doesn't like her music on the stereo inside the house. 

Anyway..... after the trip I began the flue cleaning task.  The brush kit has 5 metres of handle and I soon found that the handle was about 2 metres too short.... our chimney is very tall!  Fortunately I had begun the process with a pull through rope attached to the brush ..... and we were able to get the brush all the way down the flue.  But all the climbing and lifting was physically hard.... and I'm zonked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment