Wednesday, May 4, 2011

#246 Wednesday 4 May 2011

Why do I "blog"? (I almost wrote "we" because it feels like a joint effort much of the time.)
The over-riding reason is for emotional support in our caring role for Kaylia ... that's how it began.... But as time has passed, other reasons have grown.
- Enjoyment ... you'll notice that when the blog began, entries were infrequent and irregular... Sometimes weeks would pass. Now it's a daily habit. I watch the day unfold and note things that are "blog fodder". I enjoy the feeling of "talking" to you ... even if the replies are faint!
- History. This blog will be a wonderful record for Kaylia through her life. When I was Kaylia's age, my father took photos and some movies .... these are the only "memory joggers" that I have .... but Kaylia will have a detailed reminder of this time of her life. This is a strong motivator for me to keep the blog alive!
- Our records. I often find myself checking back through the blog to find when such & such happened ....
- Personal diary. In the past I've kept a diary when traveling .... This blog has become a diary of our trip through this part of life... but it occurs to me that "blogging" is also a good format for the past trip diaries. They're quite good reading and others may enjoy reading them too. Watch for links to other blogs! I think these appear at the top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment