Thursday, May 5, 2011

#247 Thursday 5 May 2011

Back to school today! (Phew ... I made it!)

Yesterday was a very good day for Kaylia. She's learnt to express her feelings and twice during the day I heard her saying ".... happy!" while she was dancing around. Since the context was appropriate and her facial expressions and activity all fitted, I think she was genuinely saying that she was feeling happy. For us this is very satisfying and reassuring. It means that she is coping with her world, building resilience and good memories. It also confirms that we've got the medication mix right. It's good!

We noticed another thing yesterday .... For a long time Kaylia has been very disturbed by Teddy's barking. She covers her ears and hides when he starts barking. Yesterday I noticed a change .... when Teddy barked I heard her making a certain sound ... this was repeated several times during barking episodes and I realized that she was barking too! She wasn't cowering or being frightened the way she usually is ... she was accepting the noise! This is a big step.

1 comment:

  1. what a milestone!!!!!
    love the new picture of you guys- Bali last year?

    ReplyDelete