Sunday, May 1, 2011

#243 Sunday 1May 2011

It's 6:30am .... she's been up since about 3am .... and she's in hefalump mode - bigtime! Very noisy, up & down the stairs, not able to settle. She will either crash soon (and we get a sleep in) .... or she'll stay awake and be an absolute grot today.
OW! She's just jumped into bed and I didn't keep my arm out of the way ... she kicked my wrist!

24 days to go .... I still vacillate between the two options .... operation or management. Mornings like today help the decision!

Sshh!! .... its 9am and she's still asleep!

Gee ... the kick to the wrist was a bad one ... I can still feel the effect .... it's going to be a pain-killer day I think.

Later ... we finally slept till 11am! It kinda made up for the bad night.
Kaylia has taken Mummy shopping and I've finally had some success with the pesky dripping taps!
Part of the problem is that we have magnificent water pressure here ... and so the taps must be especially good to counter the pressure. If I were building anew here, I'd build a dual plumbing system so that some taps were on a reduced pressure and others were at mains pressure. .... plus I'd build a recirculating hot water circuit so that hot water flowed as soon as the tap was turned ... no waiting for the hot water to arrive from the tank!

Further "wristy musings" .... I frequently doubt the seriousness of the problem so in one sense it was reassuring today when I measured the angle of possible wrist movement. In the fore & aft plane, my left wrist can bend through about 160degrees .. the right wrist can only move about 60 degrees ... with pain to do that much!
Yet even that limited movement will be adequate if the pain is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment