Tuesday, May 31, 2011

#273 Tuesday 31 May

it's 4AM .... I should be taking some more big-O ... but I want to delay that till 7:00am so that I can have maximum effect while driving into SJOG for my appointments. The wrist is much better ... I feel as though it has "turned the corner" in the past 24 hours. It's still fluctuating between about 4 to 6 on the pain scale ... but this is much better than before. Physical effort is rapidly tiring ... Since any of my tasks seem to demand a big effort, it means I can't do much!

Kaylia has just galumphed down the stairs ... Considering that she slept most of yesterday, she hasn't done too badly. I smell poo ... if I can smell it from inside my room, it must be bad! I'll report later.

Its OK! It must have been a "Teddy fart" .... He's sleeping under my bed.

8:00am I survived the night quite well ... it was bad for Naomi. It's another case of constant current drains on the battery .... not enough charging time. This time of being sick is actually recharging my own batteries .... but Naomi is paying the price.

.... and then I think of what our life would be like without our live-in helpers!! Once again I praise our aupairs and the way they make our life possible.

Numbers One through to Ten ..... stand up for the applause!

Later
After a trip to the doctor to check the wrist ....









You can see the absence of the scaphoid bone ... and you can see the screws that secure the remaining bones to a special plastic disc.

8:00pm .... so ends the day.
Kaylia has had her cuddle time and drifted off to sleep with her current favorite DVD playing. We're very lucky!




1 comment:

  1. That's good to hear, about turning the corner painwise, I mean.

    ReplyDelete