Wednesday, June 1, 2011

#274 Wednesday 1 June

It's 5:00am .... The visit to the OT yesterday was timely .... I was equipped with a "pressure glove" plus further pressure sleeve for under the splint. It is as though my mind ... now that it has been shown exactly what has been done to "it's territory" ... has changed it's perception of the pain! All night I've been able to feel the space in the wrist where the scaphoid used to be! I can't decide whether the pain is severe .... Or just mild. I suppose the fact that the Big-O tablets are not keeping me asleep ... I'm waking each 30-45 minutes .... Would put it into the severe category.

While waiting at the doctor's yesterday, I was "accosted" by a staff member .... a friend from 25 years ago in Northcliffe! She'd seen my name in the records and wondered if I was really the same person she remembered .... I am! It was very good to catch up and share a bit of history.

Kaylia has slept well tonight .... I think! If she doesn't galumph down the stairs, I can't really tell if she's been awake. The problem for Naomi is that it is hard to sleep well while listening with half an ear ... to see if she rouses. If we ever get through this phase, it will be a long, long time till we learn to sleep again!

No comments:

Post a Comment