Sunday, June 5, 2011

#278 Sunday 5 June

It's been a good night .... Kaylia has slept well. When I took her for her midnight loo stop, she was fast asleep on the loo! Now at 8:30, she is in her "ball-pit" .... she sounds very happy!

Wrist Record: The pain is not high but has changed nature ... initially it was muscles & tendons .... then as they recovered, the joint itself took over .... now the joint is not painful (provided it isn't moved of course) but there is a swelling underneath the joint and a deep ache under the wrist. Not a high pain level ... the sort of ache that has you wanting to groan in response. This is likely to be the body protesting at having 'fill up' the space left where the scaphoid used to be. I took a Big-O at midnight so I slept well .... I may have to take another today to cope with the ache. I'll leave it till after I've tackled the laptop.

The laptop is not showing signs of life after being doused .... this morning I'll put the drive into an external case so I can access the data (which hasn't been backed up since before I went into hospital!)

Today: Probably a mummy/daughter time at the swimming pool in the morning ....then to the shops for some more balls .... then we'll try finding the new play place with the ball-pit in the afternoon.

Yesterday, Kaylia, Sally & I did the circuit round the Mundaring Weir to Kalamunda and home via the Zig-Zag road. Something about it reminded me of a facet of our aupair strategy .... I've saiid this before .... the aupairs are like sprinters .... able to do magnificent things for the short time they're with us .... and we are the marathon runners .... we can't do the magnificent things but we have been doing our thing for a long time now .... and we have an even longer time ahead of us!

(Happy noises from the next room ... she likes the balls!)

No comments:

Post a Comment