Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#307 Tuesday 5 July

What a day! Bi.I.zzee! and right through it I've been doing blood pressure tests every 30 minutes. The results are disturbing. Diabetes is affecting me much more than I thought. The doctor ain't gunna be happy on my next visit!

Kaylia has been a gem ... Naomi's absence has been noticed but she has handled it well ... a far cry from May when I was away. I suspect that anxiety levels are much lower now .... teeth, school ... I think the teeth may have been a problem even that long ago as she was definitely needing painkillers then ... and she doesn't need them now! It's all information to learn from. Hopefully having it recorded in the blog will help us to remember and to use the knowledge in future.

Another tool we have this time is a little video that Naomi has made telling Kaylia where mummy is and reassuring Kaylia that ".... mummy is coming back!". Kaylia has watched it many times.

We noticed (when Kaylia was being prepared for surgery) how effective the pre-med drug was .... she was really dopey .... just what is needed for the really bad times on a plane! We may be able to get a prescription for something similar for emergency use.

Naomi arrives home in 4 hours. Kaylia knows .... it will be interesting to see if she can stay awake till then. I've told her that she can go to the airport to see mummy.




No comments:

Post a Comment