Saturday, July 9, 2011

#311 Saturday 9 July

Life is topsy-turvy at present .... I can't stay awake in the day and I can't stay asleep in the night! Kaylia is awake with a wet bed and my wrist won't let me sleep. It aches. The areas that are regrowing ache. The tendons ache. I've started on the painkillers again to get some relief. I'll go to the doctor today for the diabetes and I'll try to get a bulk order of the big ones. I'm told that for chronic pain they can prescribe more than a single packet.

Later: the doctor says its not diabetes at all! The blood sugar levels are OK. All my problems are probably from long term use of codeine in Panadol Forte. So ..... find some other way of managing the pain. I'll be trying Voltaren instead.

Evening: We've been out with Tina tonight. Kaylia was in fine form giggling her head off. I'm sure she has no real idea of the significance of the event. Tina has been part of Kaylia's world for almost half her life .... and now (in two weeks time) ... Tina is going back to Germany. Thank you Tina! You will be remembered.

Helen also departs soon ... Tomorrow! The time has gone too fast .... I wish you could stay longer. Maybe another time?

.... and Sally will leave us in two weeks as well!

We haven't found a replacement yet ..... Not that we could ever replace Sally! If anyone out there can help us find au-pair number eleven .... Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment