Sunday, August 21, 2011

#351 Sunday 21 August

8:20am Gorgeous!
The flight up was memorable for there being a girl sitting behind me who must have been on an upper .... she was loud and constantlly kicked, hit and squeezed the back of my seat! I arrived at the villa about midnight ... it was all lit up with welcome fruit & message from Yudhie et al ... nice. I slept well and found that the last residents (Grr ... someone ... Not Sally ... ) had cleaned out the food & water from the fridge ... and left it empty! Of course tidak toko terbuka (no shops open) ... when I discovered this at 6am!

Since then I've been planning ... fixed the front garage door which couldn't lock.

Wrestling with Firefox which wants to display in Indonesian!

Tea time:
Been to Galleria to see Simpati ..... the dual SIM thing for the iPhone is problematical in their experience. So far I'm going back to using Indosat internally. Indosat is unreliable but it works sometimes!

Went to Mitre 10 to get the "keyed alike" locks and 2 more little screw-drivers. Got one for Made too. He's chuffed.

Got a gas bottle. Funny story .... We have a gas stove but no gas .... so I need to buy a bottle of gas.  At the gas depot, the security man stops us and asks Made what we want .... We say "Gas bottle" .... he says "I sell you one for 150k ... 200k from depot!" .... (No prize for guessing where they come from!)  So much for security!  Sho nuff .... his motorbike is 50 metres down the road and on it he has sacks full of gas bottles.  Enterprise Bali style.

Went to Lottemart. .. Stocked up on liquids ... coffee, water, juices, .... Lottemart had pushbikes on sale. I bought a folding bike for 1mil (5mil at Ace)




Now .... I'm bushed .... redang and coke .... Then maybe bed.

Tomorrow .... I'm off to do battle with the bank and get the account working.

Malam

Location:Barwee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment