Friday, August 26, 2011

#356 Friday 26 August

What about Kaylia?? (I can almost hear the calls .....)

How did she cope with the disruption to routine? I think I'll ask Naomi and Kat to add their impressions from the Sunday to Wednesday .....
=============================================================
Kat : "Hokay so here's what I noticed.
I thought that Kaylia coped quite well with your going away; except in instances where she realized you weren't present when you normally are. Example ... walking her to school in the morning and when we went to therapy and you weren't in the office. Her anxiety was a result of not understanding why you'd left & for how long, obviously. But once she was in her routine she was able to cope, she was a trooper. Other than that I thought Kaylia was great!
==============================================================

Since then? Yesterday after school it was as if Kaylia was heaving a huge sigh of relief ..... her world was in order again. We were resting on the bed about 4pm and I say .... "Mummy loves you and Daddy loves you..." Kaylia looks at me ... big smile .... then she reaches up and gives me the biggest hug & kiss .... she understands!

Last night her bedtime routine was back to normal. My impression is that her ability to handle to routine changes (caused by my absence) has been much better this time. It will be good if this improvement continues when I go for future trips.



No comments:

Post a Comment