Friday, April 13, 2012

#563 Friday 13 April

I'm told by Made that "Black Friday" is bad luck in Indo too. Fortunately we missed it. It's been a good day. Kaylia had her full routine. Naomi had a panting session ... the bathroom now has a gorgeously bright feature wall.
I had another visit to the fascinating electrical and plumbing shop in Denpasar where I'd found the foot-valve for the bore. This time it was to purchase cable, switches etc for a wiring modification. While in the shop I became aware of the staff hierarchy .... the girls wait on customers, the boys fetch goods for the girls .... and the boss watches everything that goes on!  .....and when the boys fetch the wrong thing .... WHACK!! ... anything the girls find handy is used as a reprimand.  The girls thought it very funny that a bule (westerner) should be in the shop ... especially one who knew stuff!

Day One of the generator installation is over. It's not operational yet ... I wish it was because the power failed this afternoon.
This evening, Kaylia was keen to get something sounding like 'toy'. ..... it turned out to be 'torch' ..... and she had a ball with the torch! She's a show-off!

I've realized that one of the hardest things about caring for Kaylia is her habit of repeatedly asking for the same thing over and over. .... she can have it but she has to keep on asking for it. It drives me mad.

Despite this she is still a delight to be with ..... especially when I remember how she was during past trips.  The timely dose of Lovan makes a world of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment