Monday, October 29, 2012

#738 Monday 29 October

Happy birthday Dad!
.







At some point today, the new window carving is to be delivered and installed .... it's going to happen on Bali time! (Later: really Bali time ... tomorrow!)   Till then I will be trying to find a TV repairer, a new TV,  some plastic sheeting to make the pool fence completely child-proof,  some new light fittings to fix all the garden lights ..... same old, same old!
.
Putu and Ketut have bought a brand new motorbike .... it's a very nice one too!




.


This is an shot of Kaylia in the departure lounge at Bali on the way home in September.  It must have been noisy but she's happy!



Afternoon:
Well I never ..... the TV repairman makes house calls!  He's coming to fix the TV tomorrow.
I went to ACE to get more paint ... and found that I hadn't brought my credit card .... annoying.  This system of getting cash to Bali is working well but I don't want to use it up by not having credit cards!
.
We need many (....many many ....) replacement garden lights.  I've found that they cost half the price in the local shop compared with going to Mitra-10 .... Mitra-10 charge 90,000 for a globe where the local shop charges 60,000 for the complete fitting!
.
 Evening
I've been doing the accounts for the expenses that Putu manages.  Then fitting garden lights.  It's a little fiddly and takes about 20 minutes per light..

Tea at Wr Parahyangan  .... very cheap and good .... 16,000 for nasi goreng ayam.
Then walking to find DVDs .... sheesh ... nearly all on the list were sold out!   I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment