Saturday, November 3, 2012

#742 Saturday 3 November

Last night I was speaking with a person whom I hadn't seen for over a year .... they asked about Kaylia and it was so good to be able to tell them about the progress Kaylia has made since then. We are so fortunate.
.
Conversely I also overheard another child being discussed .... and it sounded just like Kaylia 5 years ago! Now that Kaylia tells us how happy she is feeling, I can recognise just how unhappy she was back then.
.
One of her favourite "after tea" routines is one she calls 'pink blanket' ..... she takes one of us over to the lounge and we sit together with her blanket draped over us. We sit together in a little 'private world'. I think it's the closeness she enjoys .... she looks into your eyes very intently and gets very close. It's just a little time of togetherness.
.
Evening
Kaylia had a lovely time with Naomi this afternoon .... making up a game that involved singing and play-doh .... I'm not sure how it worked but Kaylia really enjoyed it.
.
I've been battling rats .... our house has many places where a rat can squeeze through .... so they do! And Teddy goes mad! He barks his head off .... and we get sick of the barking. So I'm trying to set traps and baits .... and clean out all the hidden spots where the rats like to nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment