Sunday, January 27, 2013

#818 Sunday 27 January

Yesterday Naomi reminded me about the full moon ..... and when I checked, the full moon is tonight! This makes sense of Kaylia's behaviour over the last couple of days. She always goes haywire in the few days before a full moon .... and she had a meltdown in the shops on Friday ... plus her behavior has been so full on that I've been wondering what was wrong with the medication!

Full moon! It wouldn't surprise me if she starts howling at the moon.....

It's 3am .... she has her knee firmly jammed in my back and won't budge.... even though she's fast asleep. I thought of giving up and going down stairs to sleep in her room ..... naaah ...... it's a disaster area with all her clothes spread over the floor .... empty drawers and wardrobe.
Ah hah! Yesterday I noticed that when she had to select something to wear, she just walked in .... glanced round the clothes spread all over .... and picked one straight out! Maybe her current clothes thing is a choosing strategy?



Evening:  The day has been  a great success  .... Kaylia's birthday party at the lake that is!  We feel that it has been the best of her birthdays .... and this is largely due to the huge effort put in by AJ and Zoe .... we're deeply appreciative.

We had booked a shelter and Zoe & AJ went there early to set up ... we followed and by 10am Kaylia was in the water .... where she stayed almost continuously for the next four hours.  She came out for her birthday cake but not much else!

One of the good things for me was that friends from my days when I was teaching in Northam came to the party!  I have only seen Otto and Jan a few times since 1975 and it was good to see them again.








                          This is Kaylia blowing out her 9 year candle


The laden table.... and the birthday girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment