Saturday, April 30, 2011

#242 Saturday 30 April 2011

Today has been strange ..... by middle afternoon I thought it was 'Chinese water torture'!  Nothing Kaylia was doing was very notable on its own ... but the combined effect of the day was driving me up the wall.  Kaylia had a few hours with Kym after lunch and was her usual self ... so it must be me.  The effect of non-stop coping with Kaylee for 4 days is taking its toll.

Of course the morning session at the swimming pool didn't help .... today's attendant (that on 2nd October 2010 tried to tell me that Kaylia had to have a Companion Card) was on duty again .... and once again tried to insist that Kaylia had to have a Companion Card!  I informed her of the actual situation and she let us in.

Next we went to Bunnings ... I needed to get some tap fittings for the house.  Kaylia was fractious and didn't want to be there ... and then at the shelf that had all the tap-washers was a sales rep from a plumbing manufacturer.  She seemed very helpful at first but when I told her that my experience with her product was not good, she informed be that since their product was the best on the market, I must be wrong!  (Kaylia was getting more stroppy during this.)  I finally gave in to finish the conversation and bought their tap-seating tool - 3 times the price of the others .... because it was the 'Rolls-Royce' tool.  When I got home and used it, I found it was terrible!   ..... another trip down to Bunnings to return it and get the cheaper one!

12 sleeps to go!  Will I last?

No comments:

Post a Comment