Thursday, April 14, 2011

#226 Thursday 14 April 2011

Well ... I'm booked in to have my wrist operated on ... on May 24. It will be a partial fusion ... remove the schaphoid bone and fuse the other bones.
I should retain about 50% of the movement and lose most of the pain. It is a first step operation ... if it is not successful, I can go to a full fusing. The surgeon was able to look at the X-ray and show where the original injury was ... and roughly how long ago it happened. He showed where the current pain is coming from and explained how the problem will degenerate if no action is taken.
It will take about 6 months to fully heal and I will have a cast on the wrist for about 6 weeks.

Oh and the Lovan experiment?.... it seems to be confirming my suspicion ... Kaylia has been less 'nagging' and more cheerful yesterday and today. I'll continue the trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment